AM I FACING MY 4th BOUT OF BRAIN CANCER IN LESS THAN 8 YEARS?
Tomorrow I face yet another procedure! I can’t even keep my “ABOUT PAGE” updated properly because I’ve simply gone through so much. https://braincancerbabe.com/about/
However, I thought this moment deserved its own Post.
Tomorrow, September 29, 2021 I’m scheduled for a needle aspirate (needle “biopsy” in non-professional medical term).
The procedure will tell me if I am actually facing my 4th bout of brain cancer in less than 8 years!
ALL SIGNS POINT TO YES
Although I pray. I hope. I wish I could confidently say,”It’s probably not cancer ONCE AGAIN. However, ALL signs point to Yes”
THE SIGNS I WISH I COULD IGNORE
- The PET SCAN that lit-up all around the lymph nodes in my neck, indicating cancer
- The MRI of my neck in which the radiologist believed the metastatic cancer from my brain had returned to
- Yes, it’s basically unheard of but my 14.5 hour surgery last year proved I’m about 1 in 25-30 reported cases of this happening….EVER!
- And if it’s now returned I guess I can say I’m about 1 in a billion. Lucky me!
The most concerning sign is how much pain I’m in.
It’s hard to swallow.
My voice is so horse because there’s an enlarged node pressing on my larynx.
Laying flat makes it hard to breathe. Also, no matter how I lay down it severely hurts my neck. In fact simply sitting-up, it hurts.
Boy, is my threshold for pain high too!
After 9 surgeries in less than 8 years; 7 brain surgeries 1 surgery to my neck removing my parotid gland and several lymph nodes in addition to a graft from my thigh to replace the skin on my neck; plus another to remove a vascular clip from my 2016 13-hour brain surgery, I’ve been through it!
My Prior Post on my trauma: https://braincancerbabe.com/2021/04/18/so-much-trauma-in-such-a-short-time-its-just-me-against-the-world/
THE SIGNS OF HOPE
- Everything is complicated because all the issues with my neck came-on when I caught dengue fever in the Virgin Islands, which can affect the lymph nodes and respiratory system
- Yes, I tried escaping my cancer chaos only to contract dengue fever!
- I definitely have scar tissue from my surgery a year ago
- I have a great team of doctors who truly care